All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1923 an Italian priest, Father Carlo Crespi, came to Ecuador as a missionary. Befriending the indigeus Shuar people, he learned of an ancient treasure they had sworn to protect hidden within a network of underground tunnels. As newly converted Christians, the Shuar wanted to share with their priest these amazing anachronistic artifacts--golden sarcophagi from Egypt, bronze plaques depicting famous scenes from antiquity bearing both Quechua and Phoenician writing, copper wheels and gears as hard as steel, strange machines, and many other inexplicable items. Crespi faithfully maintained the collection until just before his death when the Ecuadorian government purchased it from the church and many of these priceless treasures were lost forever. Providing detailed descriptions and his own photos of the advanced techlogies and beautiful art that comprised the Crespi Treasure, Richard Wingate reveals that the ancient civilization responsible for these advanced artifacts was Atlantis. Connecting Crespi's treasures to Edgar Cayce's descriptions of advanced techlogy in the distant past and the Atlantean colonies of Ecuador described by Annie Besant, Wingate explores other evidence of Atlantis in South America and the Bahamas, including geographically out-of-place underwater ruins and buried magnetic ore. Investigating ancient records, such as the Mahabharata, he shows how a prehistoric nuclear war between the Atlanteans and the Aryans ultimately resulted in the sinking of Atlantis, and he uncovers the radioactive archaeological evidence left behind. Explaining how our ancient ancestors regretted their nuclear actions and destroyed or buried their advanced techlogy, entering into a self-imposed Stone Age, he shows how our civilization is headed down the same path and that only through green choices can we avoid the same fate as Atlantis.
- Author BiographyRichard Wingate (1933-2011) traveled the world investigating Atlantis and other ancient mysteries as well as giving lectures on his Atlantis theories and his movie, Atlantis in the Bahamas.
- Author(s)Richard Wingate
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication20/05/2011
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationRochester
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBear & Company
- Content NoteIncludes 8-page color insert and 56 b&w photos
- Weight306 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Most relevant reviews
- noah10500bc04 Jan, 2012by
What are they hiding???
Read about some of this story before and this add's to the mystery.South America hold's some very strange things and still is!!
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.