All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionMethodists to Congregationalists, Mormons to Jews, Church of God to the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel-the story of religion in the United States is in large part the story of its paradoxical religious organizations. Through both words and maps, The Atlas of American Religion brings coherence to the shifting picture of 200 years of American religious history. From independence to the present, the Atlas charts the evolution of the 39 major deminations and sects in the U.S. Also, Newman and Halvorson offer a new five-fold typology categorizing religious organizations. Their definitions of national deminations, multiregional deminations, classic sects, multiregional sects and national sects brings new precision and clarity to our understanding of religious organizations. And with 92 two-color maps depicting this changing religious landscape, the Atlas of American Religion makes an indispensable reference for anyone interested in the sociology or history of the religious experiment that is the United States of America.
- Author BiographyWilliam M. Newman is Emeritus Professor of Sociology at the University of Connecticut.Peter L. Halvorson is Professor of Geography at the University of Connecticut.
- Author(s)Peter L. Halvorson,William M. Newman
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication22/11/1999
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield
- Content Notemaps
- Weight726 g
- Width221 mm
- Height288 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.