Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
About this product
- DescriptionAtlas of Mycobacterium Tuberculosis reveals in-depth information about mycobacterium tuberculosis which has never before been reported. Using atomic force microscopy (AFM), the in-depth phetypic interaction that occurs in different stages of the tuberculosis lifecycle is illustrated, including resting, exponential, and dormant states. Coverage also includes the macroscopic and microscopic anatomy of mycobacterium, including pigmentation, morphology of colonies, size and shape, and the phetypic changes from susceptible to resistant, all shown with images from electronic and atomic force microscopes. This book will open a new window into the results of molecular changes at the cellular level, guiding researchers and scientists to think in new ways about the area of cell wall and the reproductive and drug resistance phemena surrounding tuberculosis.
- Author BiographyDr. Velayati is the Director of National Research Institute of Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases (NRITLD) at the Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences. He is full professor of Pediatric infectious Disease which has guided more than 200 M.D and PhD students. His previous books on Tuberculosis (Persian-language) has been awarded at national academy of medical sciences. He is head of Mycobacteriology Research Center in NRITLD, where directly monitor the basic and clinical trial on tuberculosis, Dr. Velayati is president of Asian African Society of Mycobacteriology and Chief Editor of International journal of Mycobacteriology. He has published the majority of work in the Medicine area (64%) and holds a 1.0 FWCI in that area. 2.7 is the average number of citations per publication authored by Dr. Velayati. Dr. Farnia has special expertise in Mycobacteriology. She has published the majority of her work in the Medicine area (58%) and holds a 1.0 FWCI in that category. She holds an average number of 3.2 citations per publication. She has published multiple times in journals including the International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Biology; the International Journal of Mycrobacteriology; and the International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease. Dr. Farina's publications span international, national and institutional collaboration. 32.7% of her publications are co-authored with researchers in other countries.
- Author(s)Ali Akbar Velayati,Parissa Farnia
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication21/10/2016
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Weight480 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.