All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionPsoriatic arthritis (PsA) is a form of arthritic joint disease associated with the chronic skin scaling and fingernail changes seen in psoriasis. Patients with PsA have a reduced quality of life. This comprehensive visual reference contains over 150 images from a wide gamut of variations of the disease, as well as charts and tables detailing the most up-to-date information on patient susceptibility, incidence, and symptoms.
- Author BiographyPhilip J. Mease, MD, is a clinical professor at the University of Washington School of Medicine in Seattle, where he has also been chief resident and fellow in rheumatology, and is chief of rheumatology clinical research at the Swedish Hospital Medical Center. He is highly involved in clinical trials of new therapies for a number of rheumatic disease conditions, (including rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis, osteoarthritis, lupus, fibromyalgia and osteoporosis,) and is a founding organizer of GRAPPA (Group for Research and Assessment of Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis.) Publications include numerous articles and book contributions. Philip Mease also sits on review boards for The Journal of Rheumatology, Arthritis & Rheumatism, and The Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases and has received the Medical Communicator Award of the American College of Rheumatology. Dr Mease chairs / co-chairs three working groups of OMERACT (Outcome Measures in Rheumatology): psoriatic arthritis, fibromyalgia and single joint assessment. He is also on the medical advisory boards of pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, the Lupus Foundation, the Psoriasis Foundation, and the Northwest Arthritis & Osteoporosis Institute. With a strong interest in education, he is also a part of the speakers' bureaus of the Arthritis Foundation, Lupus Foundation, National Psoriasis Foundation, Wyeth Ayerst, SmithKline Beecham, Genelab Technologies, Proctor & Gamble - to name but a few. Philip S. Helliwell, BM, BCh, is currently senior lecturer in rheumatology at the University of Leeds, Academic Unit of Musculoskeletal & Rehabilitation Medicine. His interests include chronic pain, disability, and communication. He has written about the Moll and Wright classification criteria for diagnosing PsA, making the case for retaining at least the two subgroups of peripheral and axial disease and splitting the peripheral disease into oligo- and polyarthritis.
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication26/10/2007
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Notebiography
- Weight453 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byPhilip Helliwell,Philip Mease
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.