All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionAnthropogenic emissions of ammonia cause a host of environmental impacts, including loss of biodiversity, soil acidification and formation of particulate matter in the atmosphere. Under the auspices of the UNECE Convention on Long Range Transboundary Air Pollution, around 80 international experts met to review the state of scientific kwledge. This book reports their analysis. It concludes that threshold levels for ammonia effects have been underestimated and sets new values, it assesses the independent evidence to verify reported reductions in regional ammonia emissions, and it reviews the uncertainties in modelling ammonia, both in hot spots and at the regional scale.
- Author BiographyMark Sutton Is a specialist in the behaviour of ammonia in the atmosphere, based at the NERC Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, Edinburgh. He is the coordinator of the NitroEurope Integrated Project, chairman of the European Centre of the International Nitrogen Initiative and co-chair of the UNECE Task Force on Reactive Nitrogen. Stefan Reis Is an expert on emissions of atmospheric pollutants and integrated assessment modelling. Formerly of the Institute of Energy Economics and the Rational Use of Energy at the University of Stuttgart, Germany, he is now the Scientific Project Manager of the NitroEurope Integrated Project. Samantha Baker Is a scientific policy analyst at the UK Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs (Defra), with extensive experience of transboundary air pollution issues. She and a member of the Natural Resource and Rural Affairs (NRRA) Science Division at Defra and co-chairs the Projections Panel of the UNECE Task Force on Emission Inventories and Projections.
- Date of Publication12/09/2014
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight747 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byMark Sutton,Samantha Baker,Stefan Reis
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.