All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook presents a uniquely integrated approach in linking both physics and chemistry to the study of atmospheric thermodynamics. The book explains the classical laws of thermodynamics, focuses on various fluid systems, and, recognising the increasing importance of chemistry in the meteorological and climate sciences, devotes a chapter to chemical thermodynamics which includes an overview of photochemistry. Although students are expected to have some background kwledge of calculus, general chemistry and classical physics, the book provides set-aside refresher boxes as useful reminders. It contains over 100 diagrams and graphs to supplement the discussions, and a similar number of worked examples and exercises, with solutions included at the end of the book. It is ideal for a single-semester advanced course on atmospheric thermodynamics, and will prepare students for higher-level syptic and dynamics courses.
- Author BiographyGerald R. North received a PhD in Physics from the University of Wisconsin in 1966, and has been a Distinguished Professor of Atmospheric Sciences at Texas A&M University for over 20 years. His notable research career includes receiving the Outstanding Publication Award, National Center for Atmospheric Research in 1975, the Exceptional Scientific Achievement Medal for NASA in 1983, and the Jule G. Charney Award from the American Meteorological Society in 2008. Tatiana L. Erukhimova received a PhD in Physics from the Institute of Applied Physics, Russian Academy of Sciences, in 1999, and is now a Lecturer in the Department of Physics at Texas A&M University. Her areas of research include large-scale and mesoscale atmospheric transport and mixing, atmospheric wave dynamics, atmospheric ozone, and remote sensing.
- Author(s)Dr. Gerald R. North,Tatiana L. Erukhimova
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication09/04/2009
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note34 b/w illus. 10 tables 100 exercises
- Weight710 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.