Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionAtomic Absorption Spectroscopy (AAS) is a well-established elemental analysis techlogy. It remains one of the most popular and cost-effective analysis tools used by chemists, physicists, and materials scientists worldwide. This second edition offers a concise introduction to AAS concepts, essential methodologies, and important applications. It has been comprehensively updated for the latest advances in AAS techniques and instruments. Highlights include: Overviews of all basic atomic absorption concepts, including atomic line spectra theory, common sampling techniques, radiation sources, spectrometers, and detectors; Coverage of hydride generation, cold vapor generation and electrothermal generation, as well as flow injection analysis (FIA) to enhance AAS analytical performance; New sections on troubleshooting and quality control guidelines, chemometrics, and emerging fields of applications, including analysis of naparticles; and Selected examples of standards for chemical analysis.
- Author BiographyALFREDO SANZ-MEDEL is Professor of Analytical Chemistry and head of the Analytical Spectrometry Research Group (University of Oviedo, Spain). He was an associate member of IUPAC and was president (1989 to 1999) of the now-called Spanish Society of Applied Spectroscopy. He served on the editorial board of several scientific journals and is now Editor in the Book Section, Monographs in Analytical Spectroscopy (RSC, UK) and Editor of Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry (Springer). He is the author or co-author of more than 600 international scientific journal publications, several books, holds seven patents, and supervised over 60 PhD theses. He is a well known international speaker and received several European Awards.
- Author(s)Alfredo Sanz-Medel
- PublisherMomentum Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2014
- Place of PublicationHighland Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMomentum Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight560 g
- Width185 mm
- Height264 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.