All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $95.49
About this product
- DescriptionFor beginners and specialists in other fields: the Nobel Laureate's widely admired introduction to atomic spectra and their relationship to atomic structures, stressing basic principles. The treatment is physical, rather than mathematical, with experiment serving as the starting point for theory. 80 illustrations.
- Author BiographyGerhard Herzberg: Exploring the Atomic Spectra Dr. Gerhard Herzberg was among the thousands of European mathematicians and scientists who emigrated to North America from Germany and other central European countries during the 1930s. Dr. Herzberg left Germany in 1935 and first took up a guest professorship at The University of Saskatchewan. After a few years at The University of Chicago, he returned to Canada in 1948 and assumed the first of several positions at Canada's National Research Council. His classic work on spectroscopy, Atomic Spectra and Atomic Structure was published by Prentice-Hall in 1937 and first reprinted by Dover, with corrections, in 1944. Still in print in 2011, Atomic Spectra and Atomic Structure is now in its 36th Dover printing, by far the record for any Dover scientific book. The retail price of the first Dover edition was $1.95 in 1944, and the book is $13.95 today, surely better than the rate of inflation over the past 67 years. Later in his career, Dr. Herzberg published his encyclopedic four-volume work, Molecular Spectra and Molecular Structure. He received the Nobel Prize for Chemistry in 1971, ... for his contributions to the knowledge of electronic structure and geometry of molecules, particularly free radicals.
- Author(s)Gerhard Herzberg
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication28/03/2003
- Series TitleDover Books on Physics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight288 g
- Width137 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Translated bySpinks
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.