All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
About this product
- DescriptionIn the alternate universe of this glitteringly surreal first vel, the Aztecs rule, having conquered the European invaders. Zenzontli, Keeper of the House of Darkness, is visited by visions of a parallel world run by the Europeans, where consumerism reigns supreme. Aztecs armed with automatic weapons, totemic powers and blood sacrifice conquer and colonize 1940s Europe, as ghosts of the world wars emerge to haunt contemporary Los Angeles. Atomik Aztex is a hilarious read. A potent concoction, with influences from graphic vels, along with Ishmael Reed's Mumbo Jumbo, the paraia of Philip K. Dick and William Burroughs, and an outrageous cyber-Aztlan mix reminiscent of Guillermo Gomez-Pena. Sesshu Foster is the author of the critically acclaimed City Terrace Field Manual.
- Author BiographyAuthor of City Terrace Field Manual(Kaya Press, 1996), and Atomik Aztex (City Lights, 2005), Sesshu Foster teaches literature and composition in East L.A., where he grew up. His poetry has been published in numerous anthologies and journals. Invocation L.A.: Multicultural Urban Poetry, which he edited with Naomi Quinonez and Michelle Clinton, won a 1990 American Book Award.
- Author(s)Sesshu Foster
- PublisherCity Lights Books
- Date of Publication01/07/2005
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMonroe, OR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCity Lights Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight314 g
- Width152 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.