Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.50Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHalf-brothers Michel and Bru have a mother in common but little else. Michel is a molecular biologist, a thinker and idealist, a man with erotic life to speak of and little in the way of human society. Bru, by contrast, is a libertine, though more in theory than in practice, his endless lust is all too rarely reciprocated. Both are symptomatic members of our atomised society, where religion has given way to shallow 'new age' philosophies and love to meaningless sexual connections. Atomised (Les Particules elementaires) tells the stories of the two brothers, but the real subject of the vel is the dismantling of contemporary society and its assumptions, its political incorrectness, and its caustic and penetrating asides on everything from anthropology to the problem pages of girls' magazines. A dissection of modern lives and loves. By turns funny, acid, infuriating, didactic, touching and visceral.
- Author BiographyMichel Houellebecq is a poet, essayist and novelist. He is the author of five novels, Whatever, Atomised, Platform, The Possibility of an Island and The Map and the Territory, which won the prestigious Prix Goncourt.
- PrizesWinner of International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award 2002. Shortlisted for IMPAC Dublin Literary Award 2002.
- Author(s)Michel Houellebecq
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication01/03/2001
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight266 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.04
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.25
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $16.34
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $14.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.