All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionAttachment-Informed Grief Therapy bridges the fields of attachment studies and thanatology, uniting theory, research, and practice to enrich our understanding of how and why people grieve and how we can help the bereaved. In its pages, clinicians and students will gain a new understanding of the etiology of complicated grief and its treatment and will become better equipped to formulate accurate and specific case conceptualization and treatment plans. The authors also illustrate the ways in which the therapeutic relationship is a crucially important-though largely unrecognized-element in grief therapy, and offer guidelines for an attachment informed view of the therapeutic relationship that can serve as the foundation of all grief therapy.
- Author BiographyPhyllis Kosminsky is a clinical social worker specializing in work with the bereaved, particularly those who have experienced a traumatic loss. Over the past 20 years Dr. Kosminsky has provided individual counseling to hundreds of bereaved individuals and has conducted trainings for mental health professionals nationally and internationally in the treatment of normal and problematic grief. Her publications include journal articles, book chapters, and the book Getting Back to Life When Grief Won't Heal. John (Jack) Jordan is a psychologist in private practice in Pawtucket, Rhode Island, where he has worked with survivors of traumatic losses for almost 40 years. He is the consultant for the grief Support Services of Samaritans in Boston, and the professional advisor to the Loss and Bereavement Council of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. Jack provides training in the U.S. and internationally, and he has published over 45 articles, chapters, and full books, including Grief After Suicide: Coping with the Consequences and Caring for the Survivors.
- Author(s)John R. Jordan,Phyllis S. Kosminsky
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/04/2016
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleSeries in Death, Dying and Bereavement
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white tables, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight453 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.