All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume showcases the latest theoretical and empirical work from some of the top scholars in attachment. Extending classic themes and describing important new applications, the book examines several ways in which attachment processes help explain how people think, feel, and behave in different situations and at different stages in the life cycle. Topics include the effects of early experiences on adult relationships; new developments in neuroscience and genetics; attachment orientations and parenting; connections between attachment and psychopathology, as well as health outcomes; and the relationship of attachment theory and processes to clinical interventions.
- Author BiographyJeffry A. Simpson, PhD, is Professor of Psychology and Director of the Doctoral Minor in Interpersonal Relationships at the University of Minnesota. His research focuses on adult attachment processes, human mating, idealization in relationships, empathic accuracy in relationships, social influence in relationships, and how interpersonal experiences earlier in life affect adult health and relationship outcomes. He is a recipient of the Berscheid-Hatfield Award for Midcareer Achievement in the Study of Relationships from the International Association for Relationship Research and of the Carol and Ed Diener Award for Midcareer Achievement in Social Psychology from the Society for Personality and Social Psychology. Dr. Simpson is the President of the International Association for Relationship Research. W. Steven Rholes, PhD, is Professor in the Department of Psychology at Texas A&M University, where he has served as both department head and associate dean. He has conducted research in social cognition, children's social development, and adult attachment. In 1992, Dr. Rholes, with Jeffry A. Simpson, published one of the first studies to confirm predictions about avoidant attachment style, using behavioral observations as evidence. For more than 20 years, the impact of attachment styles on emotional support sought and provided by members of romantic couples has been the central focus of his research, with more recent research focusing on couples during the transition to parenthood.
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication05/03/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight806 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byJeffry A. Simpson,W. Steven Rholes
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.48
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $43.72Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $21.54Trending at AU $28.01
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.