All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.92
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.33
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the author of Swift comes a new and suspenseful realistic vel of war, love, and survival during the attack on Sportplatz in Julich, Germany, the early part of December 1944. The book explores the highest levels of human intensity and experience: intense visceral combat; random and violent death; deep love and commitment; and remarkable and painful survival and recovery. Shearer describes the work as a secondary historical memoir-a retelling of the attack on an athletic complex as first narrated by his father and the men he commanded. The events described in Shearer's book occurred during World War II near the war's end, prior to and just after December 1, 1944, and shortly before the Battle of Bulge. Military personnel, locations, battles, and sequences of events have t been altered for the sake of the narrative, and soldiers' names, who were engaged in the battle, are accurate. However, Shearer's use of subjective thoughts and conversations that offer transition and personalized contexts, though fictional, heighten the human element and remind us again of the horror of war and its effect upon human life.
- Author BiographyRobert A. Shearer is a retired Professor of Criminal Justice from Sam Houston State University. He received his PhD from Texas A & M University-Commerce in Counseling Psychology. His areas of teaching, research, service, and writing included counseling and psychotherapy, interviewing and interrogation, drug and alcohol treatment, and human relations. He is the author of Interviewing: Theories, Techniques, and Practices (Prentice-Hall Publishing), and Swift (Stephen F. Austin University Press). A native of Dallas, Texas, Shearer currently resides in College Station, Texas, where he is a full-time writer.
- Author(s)Robert A. Shearer
- PublisherStephen F. Austin State University Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2016
- SubjectWar Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStephen F. Austin State University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.