Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionFor the first time: an aikido book that focuses on the attack techniques! Although aikido is a purely defensive martial art, attack techniques need to be practiced in order for the training partners to exercise the defense against them. And for the aikido skills to increase, the attacking skills must improve accordingly. This book presents all the attacks practiced in aikido - grips as well as strikes, punches, and kicks. Also attacks with a sword (ken), a stick (jo), and a knife (tanto) are included. Each of these attack techniques is examined in depth, with lots of advice and pointers for beginners as well as advanced aikido students. The book also contains commented lists of all possible combinations of attack and defense techniques. A dictionary of the aikido termilogy is included, too. Stefan Stenudd is a 7 dan Aikikai shihan aikido instructor, who has practiced since 1972. He is also a member of the Swedish Aikido Grading Committee, President of the Swedish Budo & Martial Arts Federation, and former Vice Chairman of the International Aikido Federation.
- Author BiographyStefan Stenudd is a 7 dan Aikikai shihan aikido instructor, member of the Swedish Aikikai Grading Committee, former Vice Chairman of the International Aikido Federation, and President of the Swedish Budo & Martial Arts Federation. He has practiced aikido since 1972. Presently he teaches aikido and iaido at his dojo Enighet in Malmo, Sweden, and at seminars in several European countries. He is also an author, artist, and historian of ideas. He has published a number of books in Swedish and English, both fiction and non-fiction. Among the latter are books about aikido and aikibatto, also a guide to the lifeforce qi, a Life Energy Encyclopedia, and a commented version of the Chinese classic Tao Te Ching. In Swedish he has written an interpretation of the Japanese samurai classic Book of Five Rings. In the history of ideas he studies the thought patterns of creation myths, as well as Aristotle's Poetics.
- Author(s)Stefan Stenudd
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication19/08/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.