Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $5.72Trending at AU $8.52
- AU $70.49Trending at AU $79.52
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionFor the first time: an aikido book that focuses on the attack techniques! Although aikido is a purely defensive martial art, attack techniques need to be practiced in order for the training partners to exercise the defense against them. And for the aikido skills to increase, the attacking skills must improve accordingly. This book presents all the attacks practiced in aikido - grips as well as strikes, punches, and kicks. Also attacks with a sword, a stick, and a knife are included. Each of these attack techniques is examined in depth, with lots of advice and pointers for beginners as well as advanced aikido students. The book also contains commented lists of all possible combinations of attack and defense techniques. A dictionary of the aikido termilogy is included, too. Stefan Stenudd is a 6 dan Aikikai aikido instructor, Vice Chairman of the International Aikido Federation, member of the Swedish Aikikai Grading Committee, and President of the Swedish Budo & Martial Arts Federation. He has practiced aikido since 1972. He is also a teacher of the sword art iaido. He has previously written the aikido books Aikido Principles and Aikibatto: Sword Exercises for Aikido Students.
- Author(s)Stefan Stenudd
- Date of Publication12/10/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.