All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.04
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.25
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $16.34
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.40
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $21.58Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $14.27
About this product
- DescriptionImagine you are given the startling news that your body is only capable of having six more orgasms. It's either buck up or fuck up , decides Mel in Six Degrees of Altered Sensation , adding this new restraint to the perplexity of single life with progressive Multiple Sclerosis. In Flickering Francis becomes a pyromaniac in order to give her grown sons the opportunity to become heroes. Mundane directions for propane use parallel a brief sizzling affair in Dick & Jane & the Barbecue and No, It's Not a Love Story . Altered and twisted realities make the impossible possible for Clark's characters. Lillian, an arthritic senior in Solitaire discovers the rejuvenating properties of the bones of her lively, young new neighbour. Looming dementia is replaced by raveus desire. In Split Ends a woman finds a book that contains her own memories, but it is written by a stranger with the same name; in No U's a woman slips away through the mail slot to escape her stagnant life. Ranging from micro-fiction to near maxi-fiction, the stories in Attemptations are peopled by women, often physically challenged women -- darkly humorous, feisty, sexy, manic, persevering, observant, contemplative women. These characters will snag you and hold you there until they are good and ready.
- Author BiographyKim Clark lives on Vancouver Island. Disease and desire, mothering and the mundane propel her ongoing journey between poetry and prose. Kim's work can be found in 'Body Breakdowns' (Anvil Press), the 'Malahat Review', e-zines and other publications in Canada and the US. She was a 2010 winner in the 'scratch' Poetry and Fiction Contests and was short-listed in the 'Malahat Review' 2010 Novella Contest. Kim holdsa BA in Creative Writing from Vancouver Island University and has editedfor 'Artistry' and 'Portal'. Her first book was 'Attemptations' (Caitlin, 2011).
- Author(s)Kim Clark
- PublisherCaitlin Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationSaint George
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintCaitlin Press
- Weight255 g
- Width205 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.