All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionLewis Carrol meets Alan Ginsberg...This is poetry about an angel-poet, wings paper-clipped, seeking spiritual food in the modern office cubicle. He pecks away at office-machinery (a la Dilbert) and dreams among his fellow stick men and women of being a Wordsworthian visionary -- or at least an action figureen . Jason Camlot is a scholar of Victorian nsense and humorous verse and these poems are a 'howl' amidst the slithy borogroves sort of affair, a wild, brilliantly refitted variety theatre act. Other pieces, equally wan, hilarious, ir, plumb nineteen thirties Hollywood (and present day movieland) hi-jinks, Hemingways war-with-booze style, and the dark obsessions of Important Men. The writer and his writing is 'past' conscious, but completely versed in contemporary Canadian and American poetry. This is an immensely funny, witty, up-to-date collection -- zany, zippy, and zine-y!
- Author BiographyJason Camlot is the author of two previous collections of poetry. His poems and critical essays have appeared widely in journals and anthologies including New American Writing, Post-modern Culture and English Literary History. He received his Ph.D. from Stanford and is Associate Professor of English at Concordia University in Montreal.
- Author(s)Jason Camlot
- PublisherDC Books,Canada
- Date of Publication01/08/2005
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationMontreal, QC
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDC Books,Canada
- Weight950 g
- Width128 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.