All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA leading expert in the assessment and treatment of Attention Deficit Disorder/Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder dispels myths and offers reassuring, practical information about treatments. Drawing on recent findings in neuroscience and a rich variety of case studies from his own clinical practive, Dr. Thomas E. Brown describes what ADD syndrome is, how it can be recognized at different ages, and how it can best be treated. This is the first book to address the perplexing question about ADD: how can individuals, some very bright, be chronically unable to pay attention, yet be able to focus very well on specific tasks that strongly interest them? Dr. Brown disputes the willpower explanation and explains how inherited malfunctions of the brain's management system prevent some people from being able to deal adequately with challenging tasks of childhood, adolescence, and adulthood. His book is an authoritative and practical guide for physicians and psychologists, parents and teachers, and the 7 to 9 percent of persons who suffer from ADD/ADHD.
- Author BiographyThomas E. Brown, PH.D., is assistant clinical professor of psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, and associate director of the Yale Clinic for Attention and Related Disorders. He is author of the Brown Attention Deficit Disorder Scales for Children, Adolescents, and Adults and editor of a textbook, Attention Deficit Disorders and Comorbidities in Children, Adolescents, and Adults.
- Author(s)Thomas E. Brown
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication10/11/2006
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleYale University Press Health & Wellness
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note8 b-w illus.
- Weight430 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.