Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder: A Clinical Guide to Diagnosis and Treatment for Health and Mental Health Professionals by Larry B. Silver (Paperback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $73.25Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $9.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition of Dr. Larry Silver's groundbreaking clinical book incorporates recent research findings on attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), covering the latest information on diagsis, associated disorders, and treatment, as well as ADHD in adults. Providing a broad overview of the continuum of neurobiologically based conditions, Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder thoroughly reviews disorders often found to be comorbid with ADHD, including specific learning disorders, anxiety disorders, depression, anger regulation problems, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and tic disorders. Dr. Silver emphasizes that ADHD is a life disability that affects t only school performance but also family life, peer interactions, and successful participation in sports and other activities. For about half of the individuals with this disorder, it is also a lifetime disability -- thus, interventions must be considered for each phase of life. Addressing day-to-day management issues faced by physicians and mental health professionals who see patients with ADHD, this guidebook discusses such practical concerns as how to make a differential diagsis, work with children and families in a multimodal treatment setting, manage a medication regimen, and explain ADHD to parents. Covering ways to work with the school system as well as new and controversial therapies, this up-to-the-minute book is essential reading for all who care for individuals with ADHD.
- Author BiographyLarry B. Silver, M.D., a Child and Adolescent psychiatrist, is in private practice in the Washington, D.C., area. He is also a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at Georgetown University School of Medicine. Previously, he served as Acting Director and Deputy Director of the National Institute of Mental Health in Bethesda, Maryland, and as a Professor of Psychiatry, Professor of Pediatrics, and Chief of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at the Robert Wood Johnson School of Medicine in Piscataway, New Jersey.
- Author(s)Larry B. Silver
- PublisherAmerican Psychiatric Association Publishing
- Date of Publication22/09/2003
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationVA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychiatric Press Inc.
- Content Note12 tables
- Weight417 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.