All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionADHD is a common, complex and yet often misunderstood condition, affecting children, adolescents and adults. It causes a wide range of difficulties with concentration, impulse control, hyperactivity, motivation and time awareness. This can often lead to school failure, expulsion, and emotional, behavioral and social problems. An estimated two per cent of the population suffers from ADHD. To ensure their effective treatment, three critical areas need to be addressed. Parents, teachers and professionals must become aware of the possibility of ADHD (symptoms can mimic other medical and environmentally related conditions, which can make accurate recognition difficult). Second, the reality of coping with ADHD in its many forms, both for individuals with the condition and those around them, must be ackwledged and understood. Finally, there is a need for a holistic approach to the assessment and management of ADHD to ensure the most effective resolution for individuals. The author gives an overview of the condition based on the broad internationally recognized approach to ADHD, which takes account of its biological as well as environmental elements. He discusses appropriate management guidelines, which include consideration of medication as well as psychosocial and educational strategies. The book aims to be a comprehensive and authoritative text on ADHD, its causes and management currently available in the UK. It provides a practical guide to the process of dealing more effectively with ADHD, from initial recognition to effective management strategies via assessment and diagsis. It is intended for parents, teachers and other professionals to facilitate appropriate understanding and support for this distressing condition.
- Author BiographyG D Kewley is a Consultant Neurodevelopmental Paediatrician with considerable international experience of assessing and managing ADHD and related conditions.
- Author(s)Geoff D. Kewley
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/1999
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDavid Fulton Publishers Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight566 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.