All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionBeing a leader is all about attitude. Or, in this case, ATTITUDE. An acronym with simple, practical concepts describing the personal characteristics of the best leaders and how to develop those characteristics in yourself. ATTITUDE follows several key concepts: First, of course, attitude itself, and your positivity or negativity in everyday life. The rest of the acronym - teamwork, toughness, intelligence, thank you, you, determination, and effort - is everything you need in order to lead people, t by words but by the inspiring way in which you conduct yourself and show up every day ready to listen, learn, and grow. The concepts presented are uncomplicated, addressing leadership through real-world examples. For example, effort itself is thing if it is t consistent. Success cant come without a willingness to fail and make mistakes - and to learn from those mistakes and show up the next day with the determination to try again and take personal responsibility. Toughness is t hardness, but instead, working through difficult times without a litany of complaints and, perhaps most important, true intelligence comes from an understanding that kwledge is t always displayed by showing how much you kw, but by how well you listen. These characteristics add up to a successful leader - t because he or she tells people what to do, but because he or she embodies characteristics that others will aspire to. Use this fun and insightful guide to think about the principles of leadership and how you can apply them in everyday life.
- Author BiographyPat Sullivan was a successful basketball coach, teacher, and administrator in the Chicago area for forty-four years. His high school and college teams won 599 games in his career and he was named Coach of the Year at the conference and state levels on twelve occasions and Coach of the Tournament in the prestigious National Catholic Basketball Tournament in 1986. He was named Coach of the Year in each of the four decades he coached. He has spoken at coaches clinics throughout America for the USA Coaching Clinics and has presented clinics and/or camps in Belgium, Austria, Ireland, and Greece. He has also spoken to businesses from Boston to San Francisco on leadership. Among his many honors are valedictorian of his Lewis College graduating class, NAIA State of Illinois and the Great Lakes Region Athletic Administrator of the Year, and Community Leaders of America. Lewis University gave him the Distinguished Alumni Award in Education, and the Will County Chamber of Commerce presented him with their Lifetime Achievement Award. His career was recognized with two recent honors. He received the Illinois Basketball Coaches Association Buzzy O'Connor Award for lifetime contributions to Illinois basketball and had the recreation center at the University of St. Francis named the Pat Sullivan Center.
- Author(s)Pat Sullivan
- Date of Publication15/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight132 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.