All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionThis book theorizes the role of media and ICT in today's media-rich global environment and introduces a new argument of audience complexity in an accessible and lively fashion. Based on an ethgraphy of Japanese engagement with media and ICT in the Tokyo Metropolitan Area, Takahashi offers a n-Western case study of some of the world's most advanced ICT users. Integrating n-Western and Western traditions in the social sciences, the book presents a productive new framework for understanding the complex, diverse, and dynamic nature of media audiences in the context of globalization and social change brought on by new media and information techlogies. A significant contribution to the 'internationalisation' of media studies movement w underway, the book will demonstrate (1) the multiple dimensions of audience engagement; (2) the transformation of the tion of uchi (Japanese social groups) in a media-rich environment; and (3) the role of media and ICT in the process of self-creation. The study considers the future of a Japanese society caught in the currents of globalization and contemporary debates of universalism and cultural specificity, while at the same time offering a view of globalization from a Japanese perspective.
- Author BiographyToshie Takahashi is Associate Professor, Department of Communication and Media Studies, Rikkyo University, Japan.
- Author(s)Toshie Takahashi
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/05/2011
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white tables, 9 black & white halftones, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight362 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.