All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.48
About this product
- DescriptionAudiovisual translation is the fastest growing strand within translation studies. This book addresses the need for more robust theoretical frameworks to investigate emerging text- types, address new methodological challenges (including the compilation, analysis and reproduction of audiovisual data), and understand new discourse communities bound together by the production and consumption of audiovisual texts. In this clear, user- friendly book, Luis Perez-Gonzalez introduces and explores the field, presenting and critiquing key concepts, research models and methodological approaches. Features include: * introductory overviews at the beginning of each chapter, outlining aims and relevant connections with other chapters * breakout boxes showcasing key concepts, research case studies or other relevant links to the wider field of translation studies * examples of audiovisual texts in a range of languages with back translation support when required * summaries reinforcing key issues dealt with in each chapter * follow- up questions for further study * core references and suggestions for further reading. * additional online resources on an extensive companion website This will be an essential text for all students studying audiovisual or screen translation at postgraduate or advanced undergraduate level and key reading for all researchers working in the area.
- Author BiographyLuis Perez-Gonzalez is a Senior Lecturer in Translation Studies at the Centre for Translation and Intercultural Studies, University of Manchester, UK, where he teaches screen translation, translation theory and intercultural pragmatics.
- Author(s)Luis Perez Gonzalez
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/08/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note47 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white tables
- Weight707 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.