All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis compelling collection of 70 mologues for young men approximately 15 to 30 years old includes a complete chapter that details how to choose a mologue, develop the character, and audition with confidence. With a variety of contemporary sources including both published plays and original works, this book provides selections that will help capture the minds and hearts of directors. Each mologue is prefaced by a description of the character and his emotional context, as well as hints on how to effectively portray the mood of the piece. The characters are diverse in age, background, ethnicity, and social status. The book is organised into unique categories based on the content of the mologues: A Lighter Touch, Guilt and Regret, Tragedy and Trauma, Hope and Gratitude, Outsiders, Birds of a Feather, and Literary and Period. With excerpts of various lengths that are ideal for auditions, contests, workshops, and acting classes, this anthology belongs in every school and theatre library.
- Author BiographyGerald Lee Ratliff is an award-winning author of numerous articles and textbooks in classroom teaching strategies and performance activities. He has served as national president of the Eastern Communication Association, Association of Communication Administration, and Theta Alpha Phi, the national theatre fraternity. He was awarded the Distinguished Service Award by both the Eastern Communication Association and Theta Alpha Phi, named a Fulbright Scholar to China, selected as a U.S.A. delegate of the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts to Russia, and has received multiple teaching awards for pioneering innovative curriculum design and instructional practices. He is currently active as a program consultant and frequent workshop facilitator. Patrick Rainville Dorn has an MA in Theatre from the University of Denver. He taught English and drama at Colorado Christian University, wrote and directed plays for Colorado ACTS, and has more than forty published plays. As a theatre critic, he has written hundreds of reviews for a daily newspaper and his own blog, and also writes childrens books and fiction. Check out his website at: www.patrickdorn.com.
- PublisherChristian Publishers LLC
- Date of Publication01/07/2016
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationIA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChristian Publishers LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byGerald Lee Ratliff,Patrick Rainville Dorn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.