All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionEven the gulls were bitter mourners, their stark cries were of desolation. Jolted from the night to day they rose from rock and soared to light. Something had come to some bleak ending, something t trivial but huge, something made significant. And they rose to find out what it was; could t find out what it wasn't, could t find out what it had been, could t discover what it might become. But something had put a flurry in them; something had stirred a wing to strike, something had risen and sunk back. And they wheeled once, twice and again they landed, settled back to where they had been, folded their white wings, each to each and went on being gulls again. August Light is Pete Morgan's first full-length collection of poetry since A Winter Visitor (1983), and its publication marks the thirtieth anniversary of his first pamphlet appearance from Arc - I See You on My Arm . Once described in the TLS as 'a genuine original' by Edna Longley, Pete Morgan demonstrates in this new collection that he still retains the place claimed for him by Martin Booth writing in Tribune : '...one of the best social poets writing in this country.'
- Author BiographyPETE MORGAN's first full-length collection of poetry appeared from Secker & Warburg in 1973. In 1976 he was one of a team of six British poets invited to tour the United States as part of the American Bicentennial celebrations. He has also visited France and Spain under the auspices of the British Council. He has held a number of creative writing appointments, notably Arts Council Fellow in Poetry at the University of Loughborough. Two further full-length collections have appeared from Secker and one from Ceolfrith Press. Pete Morgan currently lives in the East Yorkshire market town of Beverley.
- Author(s)Pete Morgan
- PublisherArc Publications
- Date of Publication05/01/2006
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLancs
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArc Publications
- Content Noteport.
- Width216 mm
- Height138 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.