Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $29.33Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.16Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- Description<b>Book #1 in our Blue Bustard Memoir Series</b> Lyrical and funny and wise, Catto's one-of-a-kind family memoir is a stunning valentine to story telling. - Catherine Browder, author of Secret Lives An intimate, rather than private look at family life, Patricia Catto applies an impeccable ear and a Coppola-like eye to paint a wonderfully exquisite, moving memoir of the Italian-American experience. Grazie! - Joey Nicoletti, author of Canli Gangster Brisk, frank and always funny... With surpassing compassion, Catto animates the mothers, fathers, seers, ne'er-do-wells, misanthropes and heroes, whose sincerity and humor bring the lost world of Aunt Pig to spiny, sweet, crackling life. -George Guida, author of New York and Other Lovers: Poems Illustrations by Debra Di Blasi. This book is also available in Kindle and fine art limited editions.
- Author BiographyPatricia Catto was born in Auburn, New York, of Italian immigrants. She is the author of Wife of Geronimo's Virile Old Age: Poems, and many stories, articles and essays. For 20 years, Patricia has taught at Kansas City Art Institute, offering a variety of courses exploring eco-psychological approaches to literature, and formal poetry writing centered on forms from the classical world to the contemporary marketplace. In the late 1990s she added the raks sharki dance element to her poetry classes and, in 2004 and 2006, traveled to India to study this form. Patricia's courses in Folk Literature of the World are her signature and reveal a deep interest in the archetypal manifestations and soul motifs of our species. In 2001 Patricia began a series of dance-lectures entitled Veil as Sacred Space, and has presented this workshop around the country. She lives in Bisbee, Arizona with her dogs, Habeebah, Ugoberto, Vito and Rhett Butler.
- Author(s)Patricia Catto
- PublisherJaded Ibis Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJaded Ibis Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Illustrator(s)Debra Di Blasi
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.