All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionImmediately following his release from Auschwitz in 1945, Primo Levi, along with Dr Claudio Debenedetti, was asked to provide a report on living conditions in the concentration camp for Russian authorities. Published the following year, it was then forgotten and has until w remained unkwn to a wider public. Representing the very first attempts at fathoming the horrors, the report details the deportation to Auschwitz, selections for work and extermination, everyday life in the camp, and the organization and operation of the gas chambers. Auschwitz Report is a significant addition to the oeuvre of the world's most rewned chronicler of the Holocaust.
- Author BiographyA chemist by training, Primo Levi (1919-1987) was arrested as an anti-fascist partisan during World War II, and deported to Auschwitz in 1944. He is the author of many books including The Drowned and the Saved and If This is a Man.
- Author(s)Leonardo de Benedetti,Primo Levi
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication29/12/2014
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Weight91 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine3 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.49Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.