Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.41Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $11.73Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMark Webber was at the centre of one of the most captivating chapters in the history of Formula One. In 2010, while racing for Red Bull, he and his team mate Sebastian Vettel went head to head for the World Championship. There could only be one winner. Since retiring from Formula One Mark has concentrated on endurance racing, including the legendary Le Mans 24 Hour race. He hit the front pages of newspapers around the world in December 2014 when he slammed into the barricades in the final round of the FIA World Endurance Championship in South America, and was lucky to escape with his life. But the controversy of his relationship on and off the track with Vettel, who went on to win multiple world titles, has never been far beneath the surface. Here, for the first time, Webber tells the inside story of one of Formula One's most intriguing battles - it is a story that goes to the heart of why the sport is loved by millions of fans around the world. In his trademark straight-talking, -nsense style Mark reveals his amazing life on and off the Formula One race track. From his first taste of karting to his F1 debut in 2002, scoring Minardi's first points in three years at the Australian Grand Prix, through to his first win with Red Bull at the 2009 German Grand Prix and the year he should have been crowned World Champion. Mark Webber's journey to the top of Formula One was every bit as determined and committed as his racing. Aussie Grit is his searingly honest story. Includes a foreword by Formula One legend Sir Jackie Stewart.
- Author BiographyMark Webber is a former Formula One driver who raced for Minardi, Jaguar, Williams and Red Bull. He was twice winner of the Monaco Grand Prix, as well as the British and Brazilian Grands Prix. In 2010 he controversially missed out on the World Championship to team mate Sebastian Vettel. In June 2013 Webber announced his retirement from Formula One and subsequently joined Porsche on a long-term deal, racing in the premier LMP1 sportscar category of the FIA World Endurance Championship. His aim is to win the legendary Le Mans 24 Hour race.
- Author(s)Mark Webber
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication02/06/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPan Books
- Weight341 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Most relevant reviews
- giannisepitropo...06 Mar, 2017by
Excellent book for F1 lovers
Gives you a glimpse of how things run behind the curtains...
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.