All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book brings together feminist academics and lawyers to present an impressive collection of alternative judgments in a series of Australian legal cases. By re-imagining original legal decisions through a feminist lens, the collection explores the possibilities, limits and implications of feminist approaches to legal decision-making. Each case is accompanied by a brief commentary that places it in legal and historical context and explains what the feminist rewriting does differently to the original case. The cases t only cover topics of long-standing interest to feminist scholars - such as family law, sexual offences and discrimination law - but also areas which have had less attention, including Indigeus sovereignty, constitutional law, immigration, taxation and environmental law. The collection contributes a distinctly Australian perspective to the growing international literature investigating the role of feminist legal theory in judicial decision-making.
- Author BiographyHeather Douglas is a Professor and Francesca Bartlett is a Senior Lecturer at the TC Beirne School of Law, The University of Queensland. Trish Luker is a Chancellor's Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Faculty of Law, University of Technology, Sydney. Rosemary Hunter is Professor of Law and Socio-Legal Studies at Queen Mary, University of London.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication20/11/2014
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight872 g
- Width169 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byFrancesca Bartlett,Heather Douglas,Rosemary C. Hunter,Trish Luker
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.