All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
About this product
- DescriptionPeople may have many reasons for growing native plants. They may like to have a garden that is easy to maintain and that attracts birds, they may have an interest in conservation, or they may simply be seeking a challenge to their horticultural skills. Whatever the reasons, they will obtain enjoyment, relaxation and satisfaction from Australian Native Plants- Sixth Edition. With the industry kwledge provided by both the former Curator and the Visual Resources Manager of the Australian National Botanic Garden, the book provides a wealth of information on literally thousands of native plants, their properties, cultivation and propagation. The introductory chapters provide sound practical advice on the collection and propagation of plant material, dealing with pests and diseases, selection of plants, fertilising your plants, plant management and landscaping. This is the most comprehensive and up-to-date book on the market and is indispensable for anyone interested in growing native plants anywhere in Australia, whether they are home gardeners, landscapers or professional horticulturists.
- Author BiographyJohn Wrigley AM Bsc has developed his knowledge of Australian flora over more than 40 years. He has been involved with many horticultural organisations during this time. In 1983 he was made a Member of the Order of Australia for his services to the cultivation and study of Australian flora. Murray Fagg sits on the executive of the Centre for Plant Biodiversity and Research and Australian National Herbarium. He has an extensive private photograph collection and has contributed photographs and illustrations to the popular Starting Out With Natives, a collaboration with John Wrigley.
- Author(s)John W. Wrigley,Murray Fagg
- PublisherNew Holland Publishers
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- Place of PublicationFrenchs Forest
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintNew Holland Publishers
- Width185 mm
- Height260 mm
- Edition Statement6th edition
Most relevant reviews
- lozandfred04 Dec, 2016by
Australian Native Plants
Lots of info on all aspects of care.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- imojean1502 Jun, 2014by
Great book, very easy to use.
Very informative and have used it a lot for reference. Every native plant I can think of is in this book and it gives a good amount of information for each one without dragging on with unnecessary info. Love it and it will be a permenant resident of my bookshelf.