All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAustralian Social Policy and the Human Services introduces readers to the complex field of social policy development, implementation and evaluation. Drawing on the evolution of policymaking practices and debates surrounding the delivery of human services, the text explores the links between policy and practice in contemporary Australian society. Fully revised and updated, this second edition features a new chapter on citizenship and globalisation, as well as enhanced discussions of immigration policy and disability policy. A new instructor companion website features a curated suite of multimedia resources and extension questions designed to encourage readers to independently develop their kwledge. Each chapter is framed by learning objectives, reflection points, end-of-chapter exercises, further reading lists and links to online content, while key terms and case studies illustrate significant concepts. Written in an engaging and accessible style, Australian Social Policy and the Human Services is an indispensable resource for students and practitioners alike.
- Author BiographyEdgar Carson has accepted an Adjunct role and is currently Adjunct Professor of Social Policy at the University of South Australia. Lorraine Kerr is now the Principal of Planning, Policy and Evaluation Consultants in Australia.
- Author(s)Edgar Carson,Lorraine Kerr
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication18/05/2017
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note11 b/w illus. 7 tables
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.