All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Australian Soil and Land Survey Field Handbook specifies methods and termilogy for soil and land surveys. It has been widely used throughout Australia, providing one reference set of definitions for the characterisation of landform, vegetation, land surface, soil and substrate. The book advocates that a comprehensive suite of land and soil attributes be recorded in a uniform manner. This approach is more useful than the allocation of land or soil to preconceived types or classes. The third edition includes revised chapters on location and vegetation as well as some new landform elements. These updates have been guided by the National Committee on Soil and Terrain, a steering committee comprising representatives from key federal, state and territory land resource assessment agencies. Essential reading for all professionals involved in land resource surveys, this book will also be of value to students and educators in soil science, geography, ecology, agriculture, forestry, resource management, planning, landscape architecture and engineering.
- Author(s)The National Committee for Soil and Terrain
- PublisherCSIRO Publishing
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintCSIRO Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width170 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Most relevant reviews
- diamantinadust13 Jul, 2017by
The Australian Soil and Survey Field Handbook
The Australian Soil and Survey Field Handbook Is a text book that is essential for collecting Natural Resource information.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.89
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.