Save on Travel Guides
- AU $24.99Trending at AU $26.26
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $22.15
- AU $13.95Trending at AU $14.11
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $27.55
- AU $28.16Trending at AU $30.28
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $33.95
About this product
- DescriptionBetween Lake Constance and Lake Neusiedler, in the middle of the Bregenz Forest and the Vienna Woods, this guide conveys the magnificent, enthralling, and beautiful scenery of Austria. Lofty peaks, deep-cut valleys, crystal-clear lakes, and lush mountain pastures grace this collection of images, along with the lazy meanderings of the Danube, gently rolling hills, terraces of vines, and the Pannian Plain. Relating the country's grand history, medieval strongholds, baroque palaces, churches, and monasteries are depicted as well as Jugendstil edifices and fantastical contemporary architecture, bearing witness to the cultural diversity of this Alpine republic. The Salzburg Festspiele, the Vienna Boys' Choir, and the waltz plus a vast collection of major works of art are reviewed, forming only a small part of Austria's rich artistic heritage. The charm and comfort of the imperial and royal age of the Habsburgs is captured, having been preserved in many a wine tavern, pub, and coffee house. Idyllic mountain village traditions are illustrated in local costume parades and the celebration of joyous festivals. This travel companion also features the age-old dynasty of the Habsburgs, the musical city of Vienna, the baroque monasteries of the Danube, the mountains of the Hohe Tauern, the culinary delights of Austria, and the country's many achievements in contemporary architecture.
- Author BiographyMartin Siepmann is a freelance photojournalist who specializes in Austria. He has produced many illustrated books on travel and his photographs have been featured in several reports and calendars. Walter M. Weiss is a freelance writer living and working in Vienna. He is the former chief editor of various magazines, and he specializes in the cultural history of Austria.
- Author(s)Walter M Weiss
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitlePremium
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight2472 g
- Width251 mm
- Height323 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Photographer(s)Martin Siepmann
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.