All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection addresses issues of authenticity in second language contexts from a variety of theoretical and methodological approaches along three principal themes: What is authentic language? Who is an authentic speaker? How is authenticity achieved? The volume responds to these questions by bringing together scholars working in a range of contexts, including with language learners in the classroom and in residence or study abroad, with a variety of second or additional languages: Chinese, English, French, German, Japanese and Spanish. Contributions focus on authenticity as it relates to patterns of language and meaning, and to agency, identity and culture, and serve as an opening to an extended conversation about the nature of authenticity and its development in L2 contexts. This volume is relevant for students and scholars interested in learning about or investigating questions of authenticity and interaction in a wide range of language learning contexts.
- Author BiographyRemi A. van Compernolle is Assistant Professor of Second Language Acquisition and French & Francophone Studies at Carnegie Mellon University, USA. His research interests include sociocultural psychology, second language development, pedagogy and assessment, sociolinguistics, pragmatics and interactional competence. He is the author of Sociocultural Theory and L2 Instructional Pragmatics (2014, Multilingual Matters). Janice McGregor is Assistant Professor of German at Kansas State University, USA. Her research interests include second language learning and use, study abroad and intercultural dimensions of language learning and use.
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication15/04/2016
- Series TitleSecond Language Acquisition
- Series Part/Volume Number99
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Weight391 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byJanice McGregor,Remi A. Van Compernolle
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.