Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionThe conquest of Wales by the medieval English throne produced a fiercely contested territory, both militarily and culturally. Wales was left fissured by frontiers of language, jurisdiction and loyalty - a reluctant meeting place of literary traditions and political cultures. But the profound consequences of this first colonial adventure on the development of medieval English culture have been disregarded. In setting English figurations of Wales against the contrasted representations of the Welsh language tradition, this volume seeks to reverse this neglect, insisting on the crucial importance of the English experience in Wales for any understanding of the literary cultures of medieval England and medieval Britain.
- Author BiographyRUTH KENNEDY is Senior Lecturer, Royal Holloway, University of London, UK. SIMON MEECHAM-JONES is Associate Research Fellow, University of Swansea, UK and affiliated lecturer, Cambridge University, UK.
- Author(s)R Kennedy
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication14/10/2008
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleThe New Middle Ages
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight397 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.