All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAutism Spectrum Disorder, or ASD, is the umbrella term used to describe a whole family of related conditions. Within this group, there is a subgroup of conditions kwn as PDD (NOS) - Pervasive Developmental Disorder (t otherwise specified) - which do t quite meet the diagstic criteria of Autism or Asperger Syndrome. Written specifically for parents, this fully-updated second edition sets out what it means for a child to be diagsed with ASD, PDD (NOS), autism or Asperger Syndrome, and explains where parents should go from there. The authors describe the signs and symptoms of each condition, what a diagsis means, how a child fits into the diagstic termilogy, and what the diagstic procedures involve. Associated disorders such as Rett Syndrome, Childhood Disintegrative Disorder and OCD are reviewed, and the authors describe the various treatments, therapies, and educational approaches available. The book also includes new information on medication and on the evolving concept of diagsis, as well as a list of frequently asked questions and new interviews with parents of children on the autism spectrum. Accessible, informative, and supportive, this book is an essential guide for parents of children with an autism spectrum disorder.
- Author BiographyBarbara Quinn is a Nurse Clinician at Capital Care Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics. She has a graduate degree in Educational Psychology. In her capacity as a Developmental Specialist and Educational Consultant she has worked with many children and families on the autism spectrum. Anthony Malone is Clinical Associate Professor at Albany Medical College and Developmental Pediatrician. He has spent his career helping families understand developmental disabilities and get appropriate supports. He also has an active private pediatric practice and cares for many children with special needs.
- Author(s)Anthony Malone,Barbara H. Quinn
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/03/2011
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight317 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.