All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Th Autistic Spectrum: All That Matters, Lorna Selfe explains that research over recent years has shown that there is t one such thing as autism but in fact a variety of autistic spectrum disorders. The causes of these, or the reasons for their apparently increasing prevalence in the UK and North America while in many other perts of the world they are hardly recognised at all, remain the subject of intensive research and debate. Dr Selfe strips away the many myths around autism, focusing instead on what we really kw about its varieties, causes and treatments. As such, it is the ideal introduction to autistic spectrum disorders for psychology students, health practitioners, and the parents, carers and friends of people with autism. This accessible and readable book gives a fascinating introduction to the autistic spectrum - and what matters most about it.
- Author BiographyDr Lorna Selfe is a Chartered Psychologist who has over twenty years experience of helping people with autism. She has a PhD in Psychology from the University of Nottingham, and is an Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society. She has written widely on autistic spectrum disorders, and her expertise is regularly called upon by courts, adoption panels, and local authorities.
- Author(s)Lorna Selfe
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication27/12/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleAll That Matters
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Education
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight233 g
- Width128 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.