Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $5.72Trending at AU $8.52
- AU $70.49Trending at AU $79.52
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a practical approach for staff and carers who want to develop the use of ICT for children on the autistic spectrum and for those with language and communication difficulties. It combines descriptions of current research and literature on the subject of autism and ICT with practical guidance on software and hardware. A practical approach encourages experimentation, values the skills and attributes that participants bring and minimizes the technical barrier to ICT use. It includes concise information on what autism is, and examples of a range of pupils and their typical learning behaviors. It offers advice on how ICT can relate to various aspects of autism, information on concept keyboards and touch-sensitive screens and switches, and help with buying a computer and using the internet. Teachers, carers and parents of children with autism or language and communication problems will find lots of useful suggestions and advice on how to use ICT to help access the curriculum.
- Author BiographyColin Hardy is an Education Officer with Newham LEA, London. Jan Ogden, Julie Newman and Sally Cooper all work for the Learning Support Development and Advisory Service for Newham LEA, London.
- Author(s)Colin Hardy,Jan Ogden,Julie Newman,Sally Cooper
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/04/2002
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDavid Fulton Publishers Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight352 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.