All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEzra looks like any other sixth grader with faded jeans, turned around cap and a mess of chestnut curls. You see, my brother is like any other eleven-year-old...except when he isn't. Autism, The Invisible Cord follows 14-year-old Jenny as she describes her day-to-day life with her younger autistic brother, Ezra. Ezra can be both her best friend as well as her biggest obstacle to living a rmal life, and Jenny often finds herself stuck worrying about her younger brother. Through taking care of Ezra and a very special school project, Jenny ends up learning about her own character and strengths, and a way to shine despite everything else.
- Author BiographyBarbara Cain, MSW, is clinical supervisor at the University of Michigan Psychological Clinic. She has written children's books on divorce, ambivalence, shyness, and diverse family structures, and has authored articles in journals such as the American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, Journal of the American Academy of Child Psychiatry, Social Casework, and Psychiatry. Her writing has appeared in the New York Times Magazine, Science Times, the New York Times, the Christian Science Monitor, the Detroit Free Press, and the Detroit News. She conducts a private practice in Ann Arbor, Michigan, where she lives with her husband. Together they are frequent flyers to both coasts where they visit their adult children.
- Author(s)Barbara S. Cain
- PublisherAmerican Psychological Association
- Date of Publication15/08/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMagination Press, (American Psychological Association)
- Weight299 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.56
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.86
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.65
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.91
- AU $5.95Trending at AU $6.02
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.71
- AU $11.83Trending at AU $17.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.