All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.70
- AU $9.06Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.87
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.83
- AU $20.29Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.85
About this product
- DescriptionHave you been diagsed with an autoimmune disease? The emotional roller coaster ride that comes with the diagsis can be thing less than overwhelming. In fact, the condition often carries depression and anxiety as part of it symptoms. What's more, managing these co-occurring diagses is a vital part of best controlling the disease. In an effort to provide patients with the tools they need to successfully advocate for their health care, Cobi Silver, MSW, has written an invaluable self-guided workbook, Autoimmune Diseases, Depression, and Anxiety: Discovering How To Advocate For Your Health. A mental health care professional and autoimmune disease patient, the author draws from both her work and life experience to offer this unique resource for those struggling with the emotional fallout of an autoimmune disease. In five actionable steps, this insightful, empowering guide can help you find your voice, and gain mastery of your health care journey.
- Author BiographyCobi Silver, MSW, is a clinical crisis intervention social worker at three local hospitals in Washington State. In addition, she has an autoimmune disease with co-occurring anxiety. The author has engaged in extensive research and review of scholarly articles related to autoimmune diseases, depression, and anxiety. She has also held focus groups about it and interviewed key informants. Her book draws from this research, as well as her own experience in the health care system. Silver received a bachelor of social work degree from Arizona State University and a master of social work degree from the University of Washington, Tacoma.
- Author(s)Cobi Silver Msw
- Date of Publication11/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Kathryn Huckins
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.