All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAutoimmune Diseases: Acute and Complex Situations provides a detailed overview of conditions associated with autoimmune diseases that are considered either life-threatening or requiring complex management. These include abdominal pain, arthritis, cutaneous ulcers, gastrointestinal hemorrhage, epilepsy, pancreatitis, stroke and white-matter CNS lesions. Autoimmune Diseases: Acute and Complex Situations addresses the latest clinical and immulogical progstic factors that may help to identify patients at higher risk of developing potentially life-threatening involvement. This book comprehensively helps the reader to diagse these patients, in whom an early therapeutic approach is essential. Autoimmune Diseases: Acute and Complex Situations is a valuable reference tool for rheumatologists, internists, immulogists, and all the specialists involved in the multidisciplinary care of patient with rheumatic and systemic autoimmune diseases.
- Author BiographyMunther A. Khamashta, MD, FRCP, PhD is the Director of the Lupus Unit in the St Thomas Hospital of London, UK. Dr Munther Khamashta was born in Bethlehem (Palestine). He studied medicine in Barcelona, Spain and trained in internal medicine in Madrid, Spain. Due to his interest in connective tissue diseases, he joined the Lupus Unit at St. Thomas' in 1986 and has since worked tirelessly for the unit both clinically and in research. He runs a large Lupus pregnancy clinic and has published over 500 clinical and research studies in lupus, antiphospholipid syndrome, vasculitis, Sjogren syndrome and related conditions. Manuel Ramos-Casals MD, PhD is a Consultant of the Department of Systemic Autoimmune Diseases, Head of the Josep Font Laboratory of Autoimmune Diseases of the IDIBAPS , Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, and Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain. He has published more than 100 original articles focused on Sjogren's syndrome and related conditions, has edited 6 books on systemic autoimmune diseases and has received several national grants to investigate autoimmune diseases. The Editors have extensive experience in the management of the main systemic autoimmune diseases, such as systemic lupus erythematosus, antiphospholipid syndrome, vasculitis, scleroderma, Sjogren's syndrome and biological therapies. They have developed many clinical and basic research projects and, in the last 5 years, have published many reports in the leading journals in rheumatology and internal medicine.
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication27/05/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Notebiography
- Weight801 g
- Width160 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byManuel Ramos-Casals,Munther A. Khamashta
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.