All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionCoh-Metrix is among the broadest and most sophisticated automated textual assessment tools available today. Automated Evaluation of Text and Discourse with Coh-Metrix describes this computational tool, as well as the wide range of language and discourse measures it provides. Part I of the book focuses on the theoretical perspectives that led to the development of Coh-Metrix, its measures, and empirical work that has been conducted using this approach. Part II shifts to the practical arena, describing how to use Coh-Metrix and how to analyze, interpret, and describe results. Coh-Metrix opens the door to a new paradigm of research that coordinates studies of language, corpus analysis, computational linguistics, education, and cognitive science. This tool empowers anyone with an interest in text to pursue a wide array of previously unanswerable research questions.
- Author BiographyDanielle S. McNamara is a professor in the Psychology Department and Senior Scientist in the Learning Sciences Institute at Arizona State University. Arthur C. Graesser is a professor in the Department of Psychology and the Institute for Intelligent Systems at the University of Memphis and is a Senior Research Fellow in the Department of Education at the University of Oxford. Philip McCarthy is an Assistant Professor at the University of Memphis and a member of the Institute for Intelligent Systems. Zhiqiang Cai is a research assistant professor in the Institute for Intelligent Systems at the University of Memphis.
- Author(s)Arthur C. Graesser,Danielle S. McNamara,Philip M. McCarthy,Zhiqiang Cai
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note9 b/w illus. 23 tables
- Weight470 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.