All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.67
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.43
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.51
About this product
- DescriptionAutomatic Speech Signal Analysis for Clinical Diagsis and Assessment of Speech Disorders provides a survey of methods designed to aid clinicians in the diagsis and monitoring of speech disorders such as dysarthria and dyspraxia, with an emphasis on the signal processing techniques, statistical validity of the results presented in the literature, and the appropriateness of methods that do t require specialized equipment, rigorously controlled recording procedures or highly skilled personnel to interpret results. Such techniques offer the promise of a simple and cost-effective, yet objective, assessment of a range of medical conditions, which would be of great value to clinicians. The ideal scenario would begin with the collection of examples of the clients' speech, either over the phone or using portable recording devices operated by n-specialist nursing staff. The recordings could then be analyzed initially to aid diagsis of conditions, and subsequently to monitor the clients' progress and response to treatment. The automation of this process would allow more frequent and regular assessments to be performed, as well as providing greater objectivity.
- Author(s)L. Baghai-Ravary,S.W. Beet
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/08/2012
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleSpringerbriefs in Electrical and Computer Engineering / Springerbriefs in Speech Technology
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables, biography
- Weight138 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.