Automating Linux and Unix System Administration by Nathan Campi, Kirk Bauer (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $67.13+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $67.43+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.50Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionWhether you need a network of ten Linux PCs and a server or a datacenter with a few thousand UNIX des, you need to kw how to automate much of the installation, configuration, and standard system administration. Build your network once using cfengine, and the network build will work, without user intervention, on any hardware you prefer. Automating Linux and Unix System Administration, Second Edition is unique in its focus on how to make the system administrator's job easier and more efficient: instead of just managing the system administrator's time, the book explains the techlogy to automate repetitive tasks and the methodology to automate successfully. * Both new and seasoned professionals will profit from industry--leading insights into the automation process. * System administrators will attain a thorough grasp of cfengine, kickstart, and shell scripting for automation. * After reading all chapters and following all exercises in this book, the reader will be able to set up anything from a Linux datacenter to a small office network. What you'll learn See how to make changes on many UNIX and Linux hosts at once in a reliable and repeatable manner. * Learn how to automate things correctly so you only have to do it once, by leveraging the authors' experience in setting up small, medium, and large networks. * Set up a Linux datacenter or a network correctly. * Explore handling real--world environments where t all hosts are configured alike via a case study of a fictional new datacenter buildout. * Examine real--world examples for core infrastructure services (DNS, mail, monitoring, log analysis, security, cfengine, imaging) to build on in your environment. * Understand core system administration best practices, which are a key part of how cfengine and automations deployments are outlined in the book. * Learn how to make changes reversible, repeatable, and correct the first time through interaction with product/application stakeholders (programmers, product managers, customers, etc.). Who this book is for This book is for Linux system administrators who want to learn about the software and methodology to automate repetitive tasks--regardless of network or datacenter size--in one place. System managers will also find it much easier to think about network techlogy and automation projects if they read this book. This book is also for anyone who is interested in repeatable and secure infrastructure.
- Author BiographyNathan Campi is a UNIX and Linux system administrator by trade, working as a UNIX operations manager in San Francisco. His system administration experience is almost entirely with companies with large-scale web operations based on open source software. In his copious free time, he enjoys jogging, watching spaghetti westerns, experimenting with Linux systems, and spending time with his family.
- Author(s)Kirk Bauer,Nathan Campi
- Date of Publication15/12/2008
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationBerkley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight766 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.