All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $70.55
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.30
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $68.17
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $32.91
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.36
- AU $67.59Trending at AU $76.01
About this product
- DescriptionAdvanced high-strength steels (AHSS) are a family of steels that are stronger than most steels and have better formability than today's conventional high-strength steels. New U.S. safety and fuel ecomy regulations have intensified pressure on OEMs to reduce vehicle weight. These pressures are causing auto companies to rethink alternative material applications and to look for opportunities that steel offers. The purpose of this book is to provide information for engineers who are designing the next generation of lighter vehicles. The material in the book is presented to help them make informed decisions on what basic materials to use and how to optimize those materials to achieve cost-effective weight reduction. The emphasis is on steels in general and AHSS in particular. However, there is much information on comparisons of steel with alternative materials for different subsystems of the vehicle. To support the latest automotive challenges in terms of weight reduction, this book lays out the opportunities for alternative material use in automobiles and offers the most up-to-date design guidance in efficient architectures that use AHSS. It simultaneously explores weight savings and resulting fuel ecomy advantages of a strategic usage of AHSS. Realistic comparisons with other alternative materials are made through detailed analyses. It also offers test cases that demonstrate how AHSS techlogy has developed. The focus of the text is on body and chassis structures and the sheet metal of which these systems are primarily made. More of the content addresses the automotive body, as this is where most of the AHSS are being applied today. The past, present, and future of AHSS are covered, as well as competing techlogies such as aluminum sheet metal.
- Author(s)Paul E. Geck
- PublisherSAE International
- Date of Publication30/04/2015
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Place of PublicationWarrendale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAE International
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.