All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionImprove the Safety, Flexibility, and Reliability of Automous Navigation in Complex Environments Automous Vehicle Navigation: From Behavioral to Hybrid Multi-Controller Architectures explores the use of multi-controller architectures in fully automous robot navigation-even in highly dynamic and cluttered environments. Accessible to researchers and graduate students involved in mobile robotics and fully automous vehicle navigation, the book presents vel techniques and concepts that address different complex mobile robot tasks. The author examines the development of reliable elementary controllers and proposes mechanisms to manage the interaction of these multi-controller architectures while addressing different constraints and enhancing metrics/criteria linked to the safety, flexibility, and reliability of the proposed control architectures. He covers the modeling of subtasks, reliable obstacle avoidance, appropriate stable control laws for target reaching/tracking, short- and long-term trajectory/waypoint planning, navigation through sequential waypoints, and the cooperative control and interaction of a group of mobile robots. The author's website provides MATLAB(R) and Simulink(R) source code of the main procedures related to the task modeling, planning, and control of mobile robots. It also includes videos showing the main simulations and experiments given in the text. In addition to flexible and bottom-up construction, multi-controller architectures can be formally analyzed to achieve reliable navigation in complex environments. This book reveals invative control architectures that can lead to fully automous vehicle navigation in these challenging situations.
- Author BiographyLounis Adouane is an associate professor at the Institut Pascal - Polytech Clermont-Ferrand in France. He received an MS in 2001 from IRCCyN-ECN Nantes, where he worked on the control of legged mobile robotics. In 2005, he obtained a PhD in automatic control from FEMTO-ST laboratory-UFC Besancon. During his PhD studies, he deeply investigated the field of multi-robot systems, especially those related to bottom-up and hybrid control architectures. Dr. Adouane's current research topics are related to both autonomous navigation of mobile robots in complex environments and cooperative control architectures for multi-robot systems. More specifically, his main research include planning and control, hybrid multi-controller architectures, obstacle avoidance, cooperative robotics, artificial intelligence (such as Markov decision process, multi-agent systems, and fuzzy logic), and multi-robot/agent simulation. He is the author/coauthor of more than 60 refereed international papers on these topics.
- Author(s)Lounis Adouane
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note111 black & white illustrations, 16 colour illustrations, 7 black & white tables
- Weight530 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.68Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.