All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionWith the explosion of information on autophagy in cancer, this is an opportune time to speed the efforts to translate our current kwledge about autophagy regulation into better understanding of its role in cancer. This book will cover the latest advances in this area from the basics, such as the molecular machinery for autophagy induction and regulation, up to the current areas of interest such as modulation of autophagy and drug discovery for cancer prevention and treatment. The text will include an explanation on how autophagy can function in both oncogenesis and tumor suppression and a description of its function in tumor development and tumor suppression through its roles in cell survival, cell death, cell growth as well as its influences on inflammation, immunity, DNA damage, oxidative stress, tumor microenvironment, etc. The remaining chapters will cover topics on autophagy and cancer therapy. These pages will serve as a description on how the pro-survival function of autophagy may help cancer cells resist chemotherapy and radiation treatment as well as how the pro-death functions of autophagy may enhance cell death in response to cancer therapy, and how to target autophagy for cancer prevention and therapy - what to target and how to target it.
- Author BiographyDr. Hong-Gang Wang is the Lois High Berstler Professor, Department of Pharmacology at Penn State College of Medicine. Dr. Wang is a leading research scientist in the area of autophagy and cancer.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication18/01/2013
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleCurrent Cancer Research
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight427 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byHong-Gang Wang
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.