Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionThe word auxin has a Greek origin: auxein means to enlarge or to grow. Auxins are an important category of plant hormones, regulating many aspects of plant growth and development throughout the plant cell cycle, from cell division, cell elongation and vascular differentiation to root initiation, somatic embryogenesis, apical dominance, tropistic responses, flowering, fruit ripening, senescence, parthecarpy, dormacy and pollen maturation. Common purification procedures for the determination of auxins include column chromatography, solid phase extraction, liquid-liquid and mass spectrometric detection. This book discusses the production, biosynthesis and role of auxin in plant development. The topics include the effects of iculation of auxin producing bacteria on root development in model plants and semi-ardwood olive cuttings; auxin's role in plant defence; auxin's influence on plant developmental responses during salinity; the history, synthesis, transport, determination, metabolism, properties and physiological effects of auxins in plant growth; and the inclusion compounds of auxins in cyclodextrins.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- SubjectLife Sciences: Botany
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight414 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byRosario D. Pacovsky
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.