All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor almost thirty years, Availability has been a trusted guide for cultivating openness and being present to God, self, and others. In this new edition, Robert Wicks describes availability as a challenging but spiritually rewarding way to live a more balanced life. In this simple, accessible book written in his characteristic warm and direct style, Wicks shows how self-awareness, compassion for others, and prayer are but different turns on the same road of finding and living the Truth. Wicks looks at the three dimensions of spirituality through the lens of availability. Looking first at self-awareness, he offers brief chapters on forgiveness, clarity, and the uniqueness of each person. In part two, he examines availability to others as a twofold challenge: negotiating the difficulties inherent in relationships and entering into others' pain. In part three, Wicks explores availability to God, focusing on letting go and experiencing him.
- Author BiographyRobert J. Wicks received his doctorate in psychology from Hahnemann Medical College and is professor emeritus Loyola University Maryland. An international speaker, Wicks has also taught in a number of universities and professional schools of psychology, medicine, social work, nursing, education, and theology.
- Author(s)Robert J. Wicks
- PublisherAve Maria Press
- Date of Publication29/12/2015
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNotre Dame, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAve Maria Press
- Weight136 g
- Width127 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.