CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionIf you thought cycling between London and Paris on traffic-free paths and mir roads was simply a nice idea but t really practical, think again; launched in summer 2012, the Avenue Verte cycle route connects two iconic sights, the London Eye and Notre Dame cathedral, letting you pedal between the hearts of both cities on traffic-free trails and quiet roads, taking in some fantastic landscapes along the way. The most direct route via the Epte Valley is 398 km (247 miles) and the variant via Beauvais and the Oise valley is 462 km (287 miles). In total both route options cover around 582 km (362 miles). The vast majority of the Avenue Verte uses traffic-free greenways and mir roads with a number of sections being specially constructed for the route and it is signed along almost its entire length. There are plans to add more traffic-free sections in future, with much more greenway to be added on the French side in particular. You can tackle the route all in one go, take in an easy-to-do section over a weekend, or choose a smaller section to enjoy as a family day ride.Along the way explore the beautiful South Downs, take the Newhaven - Dieppe ferry across the channel and choose between the gentle Normandy countryside and the picturesque Oise valley. You can approach Paris along the banks of the river Seine on traffic-free paths. Published by Sustrans, the creator of the National Cycle Network, this is the complete, official guidebook to the entire route between the two cities, including the options via Beauvais and the Oise Valley. It includes detailed maps (at a range of scales, 1:10,000, 1:25,000 and 1:100,000), directions, what to see, accommodation and much more. The guide is spiral bound and folds back on itself to fit handily into a pocket.
- Author(s)Richard Peace
- Date of Publication28/06/2013
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectCycling Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date13/04/2017
- Content Notefull colour maps & photos
- Width120 mm
- Height170 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.